I am not proud – I can hold my hands up and admit to my baking fails!!!!
I have a big, paw shape cutter – and I had the idea of the ‘Paw-fect Beefie Biccie. Made from fresh steak mince from Lee and with doggie choc buttons for the pads. So far – good idea.
It’s not going to plan!!!
– I put the buttons on after the biscuits were almost cooked – thinking that they would melt and stick on – wrong – they (mostly) fell off!
– I put them in for a bit longer – thinking that all they needed was a bit more time – wrong – they (mostly) fell off!
– I put them back into a very hot oven – thinking that a blast of heat would quickly melt them – wrong – they (mostly) fell off!!
– then I tried putting them onto the raw dough and cooking them into place – thinking that a long time of heat would melt them – wrong – they (mostly) fell off!!
– Next time I am going to cook them on a much higher heat than I do normally – and I am thinking I may grate the buttons as well!
Mind you – there is nothing wrong with the taste – Alfie is tucking into them quite happily, odd buttons and all